Sunday, April 17, 2011

Semi Lazy Sunday

I wake every morning with my head full of optimistic notions about what I will accomplish that day and I invariably fall short of my good intentions --- however, I like to imagine that's a fairly universal experience.  Please tell me that is true :D!  So while I didn't really end up doing exactly what was on the agenda, I did have a slightly productive day.

Today's accomplishments included some glazing --- which is something that I never seem to catch up on.  I absolutely adore working with wet clay, but always find glazing to be an uber tedious task.  However, I'd never want to have someone else do it for me as I am a ultra nitpicky glazer LOL!  Too bad that I still have many, many, many more trays of itty-bits to glaze!


Unfortunately, I didn't get around to doing any sewing today.  I did prewash fabrics for several skirts that are in the queue though --- does that count as sewing related at least :D?  And took a nice long walk with the hubs.  But mostly I curled up in my favorite chair knitting on a new pair of slippers.  I'll share that project soon, really loving the pattern!

Among the day's distractions was a sweet little goldfinch warbler crashing into the window and knocking itself senseless --- poor little fella!  Excuse the so-so photos, it's really hard to hold a bird in one hand and take photos with the other.  But he's so cute, I had to share in spite of the crummy pics.  Awwww, look at that little scwinched up right eye :(.


It took him about 20 minutes to feel better so I had an extended opportunity to study him up close (hmmm... some ceramic goldfinches warblers coming up, you think?) and carefully check out his coloration.  His feathers were brilliant chartreuse with gray'ish olive edges. 

 

Feeling better, but still quite content to just sit in my hand.


Perking up and almost ready to fly away!  Hope he's ok.


 Hope your weekend felt as relaxing as Mister O's :D!

5 comments:

  1. Love seeing all those lovely pieces! They're calling my name :D
    And what a nice looking fella, that bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sumptuous combination of glazed flowers and wildlife! Love the little goldfinch and adore Mister O :P Lovely post Ginny! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little bird. I can't wait to see those pieces finished. I think it's going to be a fight to see who can grab them up first! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Ginny! The birdie is adorable and I'm wiping my drool from the keyboard from staring at the buttons. Game on! ;-D and Mister O is absolutely adorable! ((HUGS)) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so welcome! Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete