Phew! Just barely enough fabric to cut out my first dress!!! Sure not very many scraps left.
I decided to kick off the summer dress challenge with a shortened version of Simplicity 2638 in a red dotted rayon that has been so well-aged in my fabric stash that it is approaching vintage status. I only had 2 yards, but it was 60" wide so I was able to just barely squeak out all the pieces for this dress. Though I did end up cutting the (self) lining for the back bodice on the cross grain, rather than the length wise grain.
I did a FBA, which allowed me to cut out a straight size 12.
Please avert your eyes from the visible mid-section pudge, I did attempt to crop as much middle as possible out of the frame! The muslin fit well, and I feel confident that the little horizontal wrinkle under the bust will be smoothed by the addition of interfacing combined with the weight of the skirt.
Sewing will commence in the morning :D!